Saturday, May 18, 2013

My Long Wait




     One of the things that I had been preparing for a long time was my last Gup test in Tang Soo Do. The meaning of Gup has the meaning of basic training.This is my last test before Midnight Blue Belt ( which is the equivalent of black belt) its a symbol of ending the basic training period and moving to more advanced training. The above movie is the breaking section of my test on April 30th. the first kick that I break with is flying side kick, followed by flying back kick. I somehow had never practiced with an object that I had to go over until the exam. Then speed break back kick, and last of all, speed break fore fist. The last two of those breaks are very difficult, because there is no support for the top of the boards, and considering that all that I had done to prepare for the last break was punch a target, I think I did okay. the kicking is done in the last part of the test, and the test is one and a half hours long. Next test coming up in one year! The movie of the kicks is provided by Sr. Master Miller.

No comments:

Post a Comment